Cisco® Integrating Cisco® Unified Communications Applications v8.0 (CAPPS)
Students learn the integration options of Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Unity Express, and Cisco Unity Connection. It describes voice messaging deployment scenarios, Cisco Unified Presence features, and troubleshooting mechanisms.
Who Should Attend
Channel Partner / Reseller Customer Employee
Skills the Student will Learn Describe voice-mail integration options and requirements. Cisco Unity Connection in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment. Describe how to implement Cisco Unity Express in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express deployment. Implement voice-mail networking using VPIM. Implement Cisco Unified Presence and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator. Technical Features of the Course Cisco Unity Connection system settings, partitions and search spaces Cisco Unity Connection call management Cisco Unity Express system settings, users and auto attendant VPIM Cisco Unified Presence features and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Certification CAPPS v8.0 is part of the CCNP Voice track (CAPPS v8.0 exam is 642-467 CAPPS v8.0)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows: • Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks. • Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS gateways. • Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection. • Cisco CCNA certification recommended prerequisite.
1 - Introduction to Voice Mail
- Voice Mail Integration Overview General Requirements for Voice-Mail Integration
2 - Cisco Unity Connection in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Environment
- Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuring the Cisco Unity Connection System Using Cisco Unity Connection Partitions and Search Spaces Implementing Cisco Unity Connection Call Management Configuring Cisco Unity Connection Users Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco Unity Connection Lab 2-1: Integrating Cisco Unity Connection with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Lab 2-2: Configuring Cisco Unity Connection System Settings Lab 2-3: Implementing Cisco Unity Connection Partitions and Search Spaces Lab 2-4: Implementing Cisco Unity Connection Call Management Lab 2-5: Configuring Cisco Unity Connection Users Lab 2-6: Troubleshooting Cisco Unity Connection
3 - Cisco Unity Express Implementation in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Environment
- Understanding Cisco Unity Express Cisco Unity Express Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Configuring the Cisco Unity Express System Configuring Cisco Unity Express User Accounts Understanding Cisco Unity Express AutoAttendant Troubleshooting Cisco Unity Express Lab 3-1: Integrating Cisco Unity Express with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Lab 3-2: Configuring Cisco Unity Express System Settings Lab 3-3: Configuring Cisco Unity Express Users Lab 3-4: Implementing Cisco Unity Express AutoAttendant Lab 3-5: Troubleshooting Cisco Unity Express
4 - Voice Profile for Internet Mail Implementation
- Understanding VPIM Implementing VPIM in Cisco Unity Connection Implementing VPIM in Cisco Unity Express Lab 4-1: Implementing VPIM in Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unity Express
5 - Cisco Unified Presence Implementation
- Understanding Cisco Unified Presence Understanding Cisco Unified Presence Components and Communication Flows Integrating Cisco Unified Presence Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Features and Implementing Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Verifying and Troubleshooting Tools for Cisco Unified Presence Components Lab 5-1: Integrating Cisco Unified Presence with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Lab 5-2: Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Features and Implementing Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Lab 5-3: Troubleshooting and Verifying Cisco Unified Presence Components
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
Please contact us for available
dates and times.