Cisco® Implementing Cisco® Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 v9.0 (CIPT2)
Students will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment including TEHO, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN.
Who Should Attend
Channel Partner / Reseller Customer Employee
Skills the Student will Learn Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements. Implement call-processing resiliency in remote sites by using Cisco Unified SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in Cisco Unified SRST mode. Implement bandwidth management and CAC to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN. Implement Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility. Describe and implement CCD deployments. Technical Features of the Course Multisite deployments SRST and MGCP fallback Redundancy Bandwidth management and call admission control Device mobility Certification CIPT2 v9.0 is part of the CCNP Voice track (CIPT2 v9.0 exam is 642-457 CIPT2 v9.0)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows: • Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks. • Working knowledge of the MGCP, SIP, and H.323 protocols and their implementation on Cisco IOS gateways. • Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches. • Ability to configure and operate Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a single-site environment.
Next Steps and Related Courses
1 - Multisite Deployment Implementation
- Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
- Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
- Implementing Multisite Connections
- Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
- Lab 1-1: Implementing Basic Multisite Connections
- Lab 1-2: Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
2 - Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy Implementation
- Examining Remote Site Redundancy Options
- Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
- Lab 2-1: Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Lab 2-2: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to Provide Redundancy
3 - Bandwidth Management and CAC Implementation
- Managing Bandwidth
- Implementing CAC
- Lab 3-1: Implementing Bandwidth Management
- Lab 3-2: Implementing CAC
4 - Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Extension Mobility
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Device Mobility
- Lab 4-2: Configuring Cisco Extension Mobility
5 - CCD
- Describe and implement CCD deployments.
- Lab 5-1: Implementing CCD Using the Cisco SAF Client and Forwarder
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
Please contact us for available
dates and times.