BA05 - Process Modeling Using BPMN
Students will learn the best practices in process mapping using the latest industry standards (BPMN) so that both the business and IT stakeholders will be able to understand the models and map processes consistently through-out your organization.
Who Should Attend
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with analysts
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Provide a solid foundation for applying business process modeling principles and best practices with BPMN
- Demonstrate how to solve practical business problems using BPMN Business Process Diagrams (BPDs)
1 - Introduction
- What is Business Process Modeling?
- What is Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)?
- Benefits of BPMN
2 - An Overview of Governance
- An overview of governance
- Key governance questions to ask
- What happens if you don’t have effective governance?
3 - Mapping the Business Problem
- Define a strategic outcomes map
- Define a Business model and relevant processes
4 - Modeling simple BPMN structures
- When do you use BPMN?
- What are simple BPMN structures?
- AS-IS vs. TO-BE modeling
5 - Modeling complex BPMN structures
- What are complex BPMN structures
- When to use complex BPMN structures
6 - Analyzing process models
- Identifying poor process models
- Creating process models that everyone can understand
- Identify criteria for a well-defined process
7 - Process mapping versus process modeling
- Determine when to create a process map
- Determine when to create a process model
- Asking the four “Ares”
8 - Additional resources
- Learning about BPMN 2.0
- More useful BPMN links
- BPMN 2.0 free editors
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training