BA02 - Strategic Enterprise Analysis
This course is aimed for experienced practitioners who desire a clear understanding of Strategic Business Analysis, who would like to understand what comprises this work, and the objectives for performing it. It is recommended that participants complete the BA01 – Business Analysis Essentials course prior to enrolling or have equivalent experience.
Who Should Attend
Executives, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with business analysts
- Learn about the components of Strategic Business Analysis.
- Understand the criticality of defining the business need correctly and pursuing a thorough analysis of the internal and external environments of the enterprise before choosing the solution.
- Shortcutting the pre-analysis work discussed in this course often results in delivering solutions that are misaligned to the enterprise strategy and to the expectations and needs of the business.
- Learn how to avoid the pitfall of jumping to a solution prior to a solid understanding of the opportunity or problem needing to be addressed.
1 - Introduction
- What is Enterprise Analysis?
- The role of an Enterprise Analysis
- Business Analysis competencies
2 - Defining the business need
- Defining solution vision and scope
- Conducting a outcomes workshop
- Validating solution scope against the expected outcomes
3 - Assessing the capabilities of your organization
- Analyzing current capabilities
- Assessing new capability requirements
4 - Determining how to approach potential solutions
- Describe the approach to create or acquire new capabilities
- Ranking potential approaches
- Conducting a feasibility analysis
5 - Defining the scope of the solutions being proposed
- Define the capabilities a project shall deliver
- Scope modeling
- User stories
6 - Assessing the risks involved
- Understanding the risks of the proposed solution
- Capturing and categorizing the risks involved
- Planning the appropriate responses to the risks identified
7 - Justifying the Enterprise Solution: The Business Case
- Building a convincing business case and justifying the investment
- Planning stakeholder buy-in
- Communicating with your audience
- Identifying critical decision criteria and objectives
- How to package and present your case for maximum impact
- Anticipating and responding to challenges
8 - Additional resources
- Useful books and links on Enterprise Analysis
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training