Java Programming (Java SE 7)
You will work with advanced features of Java.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who are Java programmers and have worked with databases and with object-oriented programming techniques, who are now ready to create more complex and advanced programs using Java SE 7.
•create and manage custom classes.
•control program flow by writing code to respond to specific criteria.
•implement object-oriented programming techniques to create reusable and reliable programs.
•work with Java utility class libraries.
•use the capabilities of the Java I/O package to read and write data to external files or media.
•use collection APIs in Java to manage data.
•use generics to enforce compile-time type checking.
•use multi-threaded programs to help handle multiple tasks concurrently.
•manage Java applications for memory efficiency and create distributable versions of a Java application.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take these courses or have equivalent knowledge: Introduction to Programming Using Java Object-Oriented Programming and Design Using Java (Third Edition) Java Fundamentals (Java SE 7)
1 - Working with Classes
- Create Classes
- Create Variables
- Write an Expression
- Work with Arrays
- Work with Static Class Members
- Define Methods
- Use Enumerated Data Types
2 - Controlling Program Flow
- Work with Conditional Statements
- Work with Looping Statements
- Handle Exceptions
- Handle Chained Exceptions
- Write and Enable Assertions
3 - Implementing Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Extend a Class
- Overload and Override Methods
- Work with Interfaces
- Create Inner Classes
- Examine Object-Oriented Design Concepts
4 - Working with Java Utility Class Libraries
- Work with Strings
- Format and Parse Strings
- Work with Dates, Numbers, and Currencies
5 - Using the Java I/O Package
- Work with the File Class
- Work with Byte Streams
- Work with Character Streams
- Read Files
- Write to a File
- Manipulate I/O Objects
6 - Using Collections
- Work with the Collection Interface
- Work with the Set Collection
- Work with List Collections
- Work with Queues
- Work with the Map Collection
- Work with Collection Utilities
7 - Working with Generics
- Declare Generics
- Implement Generics
8 - Using Multi-Threaded Programs
- Create a Multi-Threaded Program
- Synchronize Threads
9 - Managing Java Applications
- Implement Garbage Collection
- Deploy a Java Application
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
Please contact us for available
dates and times.