The focus of this course will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used.
Who Should Attend
Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
• Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
• Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
• Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
• Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
• Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting.
• Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
• Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
• Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
1 - Exploring ASP.NET MVC 4
- Overview of Microsoft Web Technologies
- Overview of ASP.NET 4.5
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC 4
- Lab : Exploring ASP.NET MVC 4
2 - Designing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Planning in the Project Design Phase
- Designing Models, Controllers, and Views
- Lab : Designing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
3 - Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Models
- Creating MVC Models
- Working with Data
- Lab : Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Models
4 - Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Controllers
- Writing Controllers and Actions
- Writing Action Filters
- Lab : Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Controllers
5 - Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views
- Creating Views with Razor Syntax
- Using HTML Helpers
- Reusing Code in Views
- Lab : Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views
6 - Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Unit Testing MVC Components
- Implementing an Exception Handling Strategy
- Lab : Testing and Debugging the ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
7 - Structuring ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Analyzing Information Architecture
- Configuring Routes
- Creating a Navigation Structure
- Lab : Structuring ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
8 - Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Using Template Views
- Applying CSS to an MVC Application
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Lab : Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
9 - Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Using AJAX and Partial Page Updates
- Implementing a Caching Strategy
- Lab : Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Using jQuery and jQueryUI
11 - Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Implementing Authentication and Authorization
- Assigning Roles and Membership
- Lab : Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
12 - Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application
- Developing Secure Sites
- State Management
- Lab : Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application
13 - Using Windows Azure Web Services in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Introduction to Windows Azure
- Designing and Writing Windows Azure Services
- Consuming Windows Azure Services in a Web Application
- Lab : Using Windows Azure Web Services in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
14 - Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Developing a Web API
- Calling a Web API from Mobile and Web Applications
- Lab : Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
15 - Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Using HTTP Modules and HTTP Handlers
- Using Web Sockets
- Lab : Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
16 - Deploying ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Deploying Web Applications
- Deploying MVC 4 Applications
- Lab : Deploying ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications