Red Hat Linux Troubleshooting (RH242)
System administrators will learn techniques for troubleshooting a Linux system and how to use the troubleshooting tools available on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Who Should Attend
Linux system administrators who understand how to install and configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system and who wish to deepen their understanding of troubleshooting on Linux.
This course is a 4-day, heavily lab-oriented class designed to help the student learn or improve troubleshooting skills. Students will gain troubleshooting experience by debugging live, virtualized systems.
1 - Being Proactive, Part 1
- Proactively monitor log files, hardware, file systems, and system and network performance
2 - Being Proactive, Part 2
- Several approaches to managing configuration changes and developing a recovery plan
3 - Basic Troubleshooting Techniques and Procedures
- An introduction to troubleshooting methods, best practices, and tools
4 - Booting Issues
- Use recovery run levels and rescue mode; work with advanced GRUB features
5 - Hardware Issues
- Preempting hardware failures (looking for the signs); protecting against hardware failures; redundant configurations; tools to help identify hardware failures and intermittent problems
6 - File System Issues
- Locate unauthorized changes; audit software; file system tuning and repair; file recovery
7 - Disk Issues
- Rescuing LVM volumes; maintenance of LUKS-encrypted volumes
8 - Networking Issues
- Manual configuration of network cards; connectivity issues; network diagnostic tools; monitor packets; tune kernel parameters; troubleshoot SAN communication
9 - Application Issues
- An overview of tools and techniques for troubleshooting applications; some common application problems and how to solve them
10 - Security Issues
- Working effectively with (and not against) security tools, including SELinux, authentication, and firewall
11 - Red Hat Resources
- Support options; Knowledgebase; certified training; initiating support calls; TAM support; developer support; Bugzilla; support workflow; diagnostic and information-gathering tools
This is a 4-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
Please contact us for available
dates and times.