10968 Designing for Office 365® Infrastructure
Students will gain the knowledge and experience to implement Office 365 in a large corporate environment using the FastTrack three-phase delivery process of Pilot, Deploy, and Enhance. The course consists of two distinct parts: Lecture/Lab and Case Study.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for consultants and IT professionals who are responsible for planning and implementing Office 365 in medium to large enterprise environments where there are complex factors within the client’s infrastructure that affect the migration process.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least one year of experience with Office 365 and at least two years of in-role experience as a consultant.
- Knowledge of the individual components of Office 365, such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Lync, and Office 365 ProPlus.
- Experience with the Office 365 platform and its administrative console.
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows Azure Active Directory, Directory Synchronization (DirSync) and single sign-on (SSO) with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) 2.0.
- Successful deployment experience of Office 365 in a customer-facing engagement.
- Knowledge of the principles of IT project design.
- Ability to present and peer-review a project design.
1 - The Office 365 Deployment Challenge
- Reviewing Office 365
- Introducing the FastTrack Deployment Methodology
- Getting to the Pilot
- Lab : Introducing the FastTrack Deployment Methodology
2 - Planning the Pilot Phase
- Overview of the Pilot Phase
- Identifying Environmental and Software Prerequisites
- Planning for Pilot Users
- Planning for Pilot Users
- Planning for Team Collaboration
- Lab : Planning the Pilot Phase
3 - Planning the Deploy Phase - Part 1
- Overview of the Deploy Phase
- Planning Service Selection
- Planning Networking and Domains
- Planning User Management
- Lab : Planning the Deploy Phase (Part 1)
4 - Planning the Deploy Phase – Part 2
- Planning Email Migration
- Planning SharePoint Site Collections and sites
- Planning Lync Online
- Planning Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
- Lab : Planning Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
5 - Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 1
- Overview of the Enhance Phase
- Planning Single Sign-On
- Planning Hybrid Exchange Deployments
- Lab : Planning the Enhance Phase (Part 1)
6 - Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 2
- Planning Exchange Online Protection
- Planning SharePoint Online Customization
- Planning Hybrid SharePoint Implementations
- Lab : Planning the Enhance Phase (Part 2)
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
Please contact us for available
dates and times.