Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 is investing in capabilities that deliver modern, familiar and compelling user experiences.
Its key focus is user adoption: building applications and experiences where users recognize value, opportunity and
insight immediately—either on the road or in the office.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 is focused on delivering a business application that delights users through experiences that are modern, seamless and device optimized. To deliver upon this expectation Microsoft has focused this release around the following themes:
- Reimaged User Experience—Cleaner, faster more intuitive interface drives productivity
- Process Excellence & Agility—Agile process guidance lets you respond to rapidly changing business needs
- CRM On-the-Go—Access what you need where you need so you can connect with customers
- Enterprise Collaboration—Work across boundaries to crate the right customer experience
- Platform Enhancements—Robust platform capabilities to tailor to your solution
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online unlock new opportunities, as well as provide a single
development environment for cloud-based and on-premises deployments. Partners—including independent software vendors,
global system integrators, and value-added resellers—can quickly create, package and distribute Microsoft Dynamics
CRM extensions and custom solutions.
Key Dynamics CRM Courses
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS):
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Earning a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification helps demonstrate your proficiency in one module of a Microsoft Dynamics product. Candidates are required to pass one certification exam to become a Technology Specialist. Learn more about Technology Specialist certifications for each of the following technologies.
Earn your MCTS: Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Earn your MCTS: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Installation and Deployment Certification
Earn your MCTS: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and