Get hands-on experience with Windows 8 training from New Horizons Central. We will provide guidance on
installing, upgrading and licensing for Windows 8. Students will also learn how to manage storage by creating
simple, spanned and striped volumes, as well as how to optimize file-system performance. Additionally,
students will work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability
issues, and to troubleshoot these issues.
Throughout our courses, you will learn how to perform your day-to-day tasks efficiently and optimally in the new dynamic and user-friendly environment of Windows 8.
End-Users will learn to:
- Work efficiently in the new touch screen environment
- Search and manage information in the latest version of Internet Explorer
- Navigate smoothly from the tile environment to the desktop environment
- Perform common tasks in Windows Explorer from the Ribbon
- Organize, manage and find files quickly
- Launch common applications more efficiently
- Switch between programs
IT Professionals will learn to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8 system
- Configure network connectivity
- Install, configure and maintain wireless network connections
- Implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections
- Share files and printers
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8 desktops
- Configure and control applications in Windows 8
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access
- Create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8
Windows 8 Certifications
Prove your Windows 8 skills and demonstrate your ability to configure or support
Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources.
The IT professional could be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician or an IT
generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their
broader technical responsibilities.
To obtain this certification, students must pass two exams.
If you already have a Windows 7 Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification,
you can upgrade to the latest MCSA: Windows 8 certification by passing a single exam: